AirHelp, a flight delays compensation company, ranked worst global airports, UK airports managed to take even 4 places in this list of 10 airports.
AirHelp list contains 76 most popular airports in the world, compared by on-time performance, quality of service, and passenger sentiment.
Singapore Changi Airport took the top rate with the score of 9.07. It is considered to be the best airport in the world. Sadly, four Britain’s biggest airports took the bottom 10. It was Edinburgh, Gatwick, Manchester and Stansted airports. The worst airport in the world was announced to be Kuwait Airport, which received 5.02 score.
In Europe air passengers are protected by law if they experience flight delays, cancellations or denied boarding. Under EU Regulation 261/2004 passengers may be entitled to up to €600 compensation when their arrival to final destination is more than 3 hours late. The amount of compensation depends on the flight distance. The fastest way to check your possible flight compensation amount is to use our Compensation Calculator.
Here are the 10 worst airports in the world:
10. Delhi Airport, India — 6.31.
9. Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Thailand — 6.3.
8. Dubai International Airport, UAE — 6.24.
7. Mumbai Airport, India — 6.1.
6. Edinburgh Airport, UK — 6.1.
5. London Stansted Airport, UK — 6.07.
4. Newark Liberty International Airport, USA — 5.92.
3. Manchester Airport, UK — 5.43.
2. London Gatwick Airport, UK — 5.38.
1. Kuwait Airport, Kuwait — 5.02.