Lufthansa set for two-day cabin crew strike on 7th and 8th of November. Delayed or cancelled flights expected. Find out if you may be entitled to flight compensation due to Lufthansa strike.
All departures from Germany will be affected by Lufthansa 48-hour strike. Cabin crew disputes with the airline over pay and pensions. There was planned industrial action on October, however, Lufthansa managed to deal with the crew, but other Lufthansa group airlines (Eurowings, Germanwings, Lufthansa Cityline and SunExpress).experienced flight delays and cancellations due to strike.
Lufthansa November 7-8 strike update: There were 1300 cancelled Lufthansa flights due to cabin crew strike (700 on Thursday and 600 on Friday). Although Lufthansa informs on their website that cancelled flights due to this strike are not eligible for compensation, under EU law EC261, air passengers have the right to receive cancelled flight compensation if the reason for flight disruption was airline employees strike.
Can you get cancelled Lufthansa flight compensation due to strike?
Yes, you may be entitled to up to 600 euro flight compensation when the reason for delayed or cancelled flight was Lufthansa strike. You may read more about airline strike compensation on our website. You can check your compensation amount with our Flight Compensation Calculator. You may be eligible for compensation under these circumstances:
- The strike was planned by the airline employees.
- The arrival at the final destination was 3 or more hours late.
- If the flight was cancelled, the airline must inform you about flight disruption less than 14 days before departure.
- The flight must depart from the EU (but only with EU based airlines) or arrive at the EU.
- Flight reservation must be confirmed.