Lufthansa cabin crew in Germany announced to go on strike. The dates of the strike haven’t yet been declared. As always airline strike may lead to a number of delayed or cancelled flights.
The UFO union, whose members are German Lufthansa group cabin employees, announced that the details of the strikes will not be released until next Monday (14th of October 2019). The cabin crew is planning to strike due to low wages.
Lufthansa strike update: the UFO union announced that strike dates will declared in under a week’s time. At the moment, only the first round of strikes will be held. The first Lufthansa cabin crew strike will be held at Frankfurt and Munich airports on Sunday the 20th of October between 6 am and 11 am.
Which Lufthansa group airlines will suffer a cabin crew strike?
The members of the UFO cabin crew union are the employees of five airlines under different brands, such as Lufthansa CityLine, Sunexpress Germany, Germanwings, Eurowings, and Lufthansa. In total, the union represents 30000 members of crew. Thus, it will depend on agreements with those all different airlines, if all of them fails, all will suffer cabin crew strikes.
Am I eligible for delayed or cancelled flight compensation due to Lufthansa strike?
Yes, you may be entitled to up to 600 euro flight compensation when the reason for flight delay or cancellation was Lufthansa strike. You may check your compensation amount with our free of charge Flight Compensation Calculator as it depends on the flight distance. You may get compensation under these conditions:
- The strike must be organized by the airline employees.
- Your arrival at the final destination must be 3 or more hours late than it was planned.
- If your flight was cancelled, the airline must inform you about cancellation less than 14 days before departure.
- The flight must depart from the EU (but only with EU based airlines) or arrive at the EU.
- Your flight reservation must be confirmed.