Lufthansa group airlines – Eurowings, Germanwings, Lufthansa Cityline and SunExpress – cabin crew went on strike on 20th of October. More than 100 flights were cancelled at the main airports in Germany: Frankfurt, Munich, Hamburg and others.
The UFO Union, which represents Lufthansa group cabin crew, has planned this strike. The strike might have had higher impact but Lufthansa airlines stopped the strike by satisfying union requirements. However, other group airlines did not respond. There was an article on our website: “Lufthansa group cabin crew strike 2019 autumn”.
Lufthansa strike had an impact on delayed or cancelled flights of Eurowings, Germanwings, Lufthansa Cityline and SunExpress. Several airports were disturbed and more than 100 flights were cancelled at the airports of Frankfurt, Munich, Dusseldorf, Cologne/Bonn, Stuttgart, Berlin-Tegel and Hamburg.
Can I get flight compensation for the cancelled flight due to Lufthansa strike?
Yes, you may be entitled to up to 600 euro flight compensation when the reason for flight delay or cancellation was Lufthansa strike. You may read more about airline strike compensation on our website. You may check your compensation amount with our free of charge Flight Compensation Calculator. You may get compensation under these conditions:
- The strike was planned by the airline employees.
- Your arrival at the final destination must be 3 or more hours late than it was planned.
- In case of flight cancellation, the airline must inform you about the cancelled flight less than 14 days before departure.
- Your flight must depart from the EU (but only with EU based airlines) or arrive at the EU.
- Your flight reservation must be confirmed.