KLM Royal Dutch Airlines cancelled 23 flights on Monday morning due to the ground staff strike. Flights were cancelled at Amsterdam Schiphol airport.
The ground staff strike lasted between 08:00 and 10:00 (UTC +2). Flights of other SkyTeam alliance partners like Air France, Transavia and Delta Air Lines were also delayed or cancelled due to KLM strike. Dutch unions demand a pay rise for KLM ground staff.
The long-haul traffic was delayed by two hours although medium-long traffic was already on move. Amsterdam Schiphol airport advised the passengers to check regularly current flight information: view the airline’s website, Schiphol‘s website or the app.
KLM strike 2019 update: KLM strike took place on the 2nd September, and KLM ground crew went to strike again on the 4th of September, if your KLM flight was delayed or cancelled due to the strike on these dates, you may claim flight delay compensation.
Can I get cancelled flight compensation due to KLM strike?
- The flight was delayed, cancelled due to the airline staff strike.
- Arrival at the final destination was 3 hours later than it was planned, or the flight was cancelled and the airline informed you about it less than 14 days before departure.
- Your flight was from the EU or to the EU (but only with EU based airline).
- Your flight reservation was confirmed.
- Flight delay or cancellation occurred less than 3 years ago.
How can I get cancelled flight compensation due to KLM strike?
Please be advised: most of the airlines are known to be uncooperative when it comes to accepting and paying out cancelled or delayed flight claims. Rest assured that flight claim company will be fighting for your passenger rights and hold KLM accountable to the EU air passenger laws. You will find a list of Best Flight Claim Companies on our website with their reviews and rating.
Check: your possible flight compensation amount with our free of charge Flight Compensation Calculator.
Choose: a claim company from our Best Flight Compensation Companies list.